It’s not the best of titles, I admit, but wanted to get this article down as it came to mind. In other words, I’m hoping to think of a better opener by the time I finish this post 😀
Anyone who knows and/or follows me, is very aware that I collect MANY things. And when collecting, I never part with much moula. Thrifting is the way I roll, and beautiful plates of all patterns, colors and sizes, are so easy to find!
This is a wall rack for multiple plates, that I bought for $2.00 at a local Good Will.
Now, I am also known to push the envelope occasionally . . .
so naturally, just one plate per shelf was far too boring.
While not too bad a look, a bit too casual for what I was thinking of.
So I added a second smaller plate in similar colors.
Hhmm. Still needed something. Remembered I had these little beauties . . .
and added them for a little bling.
What do ya think? Yes? No?
Well . . . maybe just one more thing.
Ah Hah. And there we have it.
I’ll leave you with a few reminder tips
- Make use of corner spaces AND floor areas as well as your walls
- Use what you’ve got, but experiment, mix it up
- Make sure the pieces in your display play nicely together
- Multiple textures add interest … and a plant or two can help as well
- When shopping, buy what you like. It will all fall together at some point
- All of the sets of plates here, were thrifted; none were purchased together, but bought separately … because I just liked them
Thanks for hangin’ in there with me, even though posts have been few and far between of late. Health issues have popped up, and we’re not quite done yet. As shorter posts are easier, I’ll try to visit you in that manner for a while.
In the meantime, stay positive, keep exploring and experimenting with your home!
Later – Cheryl P.S. I just couldn’t come up with a catchier title 😀
Pingback: Say WHAT! It’s October … already? | ARTZZLE