A little Friday Night Fun on Polyvore.
In both fashion and decor,
black and white with a bright accent color,
provides wonderful versatility
and virtually unending combinations for design.
Wishes to all for a great weekend.
Later – Cheryl
- 1 Skirt
- 1 Pair Shorts
- 1 Pair Slacks
- 1 Basic Dress
- 2 Casual blouses (1 patterned, 1 plain color; short sleeved works too)
- 1 3/4 Sleeve Top (for variety and rainy/cooler conditions)
- 1 Jacket (I chose a short-waist, b/w stripe that works as dressy or casual)
Are you asking “Why Choose Black For Summer”? I chose black because my daydream was about my granddaughters’ upcoming events, and the “on-the-road” aspects. First of all, the “Black goes with most anything” idea and the “Little Black Dress” rule (which also includes slacks) always travel well. Black doesn’t show spots and stains as boldly as lighter colors do. An easy wipe away will usually do the trick, without laundering, which no one wants to do on a short leisure trip (especially teenagers!).
- 2 – 4 Pairs Shoes. The 2 for me would be the striped heels and the aqua flats.
- 2 – 3 Belts
- 2 – 3 Scarves
- 1 medium sized purse/bag
- 2 – 3 each of jewelry pieces, i.e. necklaces, bracelets, earrings, optional broaches
Here comes the color . . . and the Fun!
- Folding and packing clothes FLAT allows more room AND doesn’t wrinkle as badly
- Slip shoes into ZIP LOC bags to contain pairs, and not get clothing pieces dirty
- CHOOSE easy care fabrics when possible; can be rinsed/hung/dried by next day
- ZIP LOCs are also great to contain all those small items AND jewelry if you don’t have a cloth jewelry roll available
- Bags are best for all liquid and twist lid items. No problems accidental leaks.
I would love to get your ideas on outfit combinations . . . and all else from today. Leave a comment or you can find my email on my profile page.
This post was fun for me . . . hope you like it too!
Remember . . . if you stress too much . . . that trip won’t be as much fun!
Later – Cheryl
PS: APOLOGIES for the erratic spacing in this post. Working between VISUAL, TEXT and three individual Polyvore articles, seems to have scewed the platforms.
*** This original article “EZ Pack Summer Trip Wardrobe!” appeared first on Artzzle.com. No included content or photography can be used elsewhere without specific permission and accreditation from contributors. Outside sources are marked when available.
Copyright © 2013-2014 Artzzle All Rights Reserved