Life often has a way … of getting in the way.
Know what I mean? Ever feel like that?
We can make our lists and calendar notations, and
plan, plan, plan.
But in the end … Life. Happens.
When you were a kid, did you ever stomp your feet and
loudly declare “You’re not the boss of me!” Oh, c’mon, admit it.
I’m sure I told that to plenty of babysitters in my day.
Well, Life is … the BOSS, I mean … of us all. So we better have some empty lines on those lists, for changes and unexpected little adjustments it throws us.
The last Monday Post had me whizzing around, preparing for my “ladies’ lunch”. It was happily exciting but there was a lot to be done (in my opinion). As the week progressed, life took over and punched the poop out of my lists. I did manage to pull off a nice luncheon, but the following week proved just as hectic, for reasons of its’ own … so no update posts for you. Apologies … but hey, we all survived.
- Weather was freezing BUT clear for safe driving.
- The house looked pretty.darn.good.
- Menu was a hit … tasted good and no one needed TUMS.
- We all had a nice visit.
- Weather was FREEZING
- Table setting looked fantastic (if I do say so myself) BUT I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES!
- Didn’t finish the look I wanted on the guest favors (gave them anyway, but not prettied up)
- Left out an item on the menu … totally forgot to prepare it (but there was enough other stuff)
- Oh yes, and did I say … I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES
WHAT I LEARNED (or was reminded of)
- Lists are good, but leave room for write-in’s and changes.
- Be more flexible and less frazzled
- Asking granddaughter to contribute was great. It was encouraging for her and something for me … to brag about & good eatin’ too. (don’t worry, I paid her)
Back to the present Monday. I’m working on a couple of good (can I say very good?) future posts, but this is IT for today.
The only (two) pictures I did manage to remember, are featured. One of my guests – as they were leaving, and a shot of the yummy cupcakes my GD Ashley made. They were sooooo good!
And now … “Say Good Night Gracie!”